More cat owners are feeding natural–or organic–food to their cats. So here’s a quick and easy recipe that you can use to make homemade organic treats:
Things You’ll Need
Greased cookie sheet
½ cup organic whole wheat flour
½ cup non-fat, powdered milk
½ cup cooked and chopped organic chicken
1 tbs. vegetable oil
1 organic egg, beaten
¼ cup water
1 tbs. chopped, fresh organic catnip (optional)
- Gather the ingredients and preheat your oven to 350-degrees. Ensure you have plenty of counter space to work on.
- Combine the flour, milk and chicken in a large bowl and mash and mix them together. Add the water, oil, beaten egg and catnip (if using). Stir well until a sticky dough forms.
- Form the dough into small, dime-sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls into discs with your hand or a spoon. You can adjust the size of the treats based on your cat’s size and needs.
- Bake the organic treats for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and flip each one so they brown on both sides. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until they turn a golden brown color.
- Cool the treats to room temperature and store in an airtight container or bag for future use