From Our President
If you love cats, you should "LIKE" TICA's Facebook Page, just as over 5,100 people do! Who are all these people? Well, first, they are cat lovers, of course. Over 75% are women and 25% are men. About 80% are between the ages of 25 and 55. And, just as TICA is an international organization, our Facebook page is engaging cat fans from all over the world. While dominated by fans in the United States, our fans come from 45 additional countries, including the U.K., Colombia, Russia, Philippines, Malaysia, Germany, Brazil and, of course, many others!
TICA's daily Facebook posts include information about cats and cat care, health concerns, cat "news", studies, and just plain fun. Join us!
Wherever you are, you're in TICA's world!
back to top
From the Executive Office
2014 Membership Election
TDS Online is growing. Have you tried it?
- The closing date for filing for candidacy in any of this Fall's elections is July 31, 2014. There are a number of breeds for which no one has filed to fill the committees.
- Are you a candidate in the 2014 TICA membership election? Submit your candidate statement for the website. Please send in PDF format to email@example.com.
- Election information and candidate statements are located here.
- Register a Litter: If you own the sire and dam you can register the litter, print the Breeder Slips and register the kittens to yourself. Receive their SBT/SBV numbers immediately without having to wait. If you are not the owner of one of the cats (or the parents don't have SBT/SBV numbers) there is also an online registration process for these litters which will take some processing time at our office - but it still goes faster than submitting the litter registration outside of our online services.
- Vote in current and future elections: TDS Online is now used exclusively for all TICA Elections. If you're an eligible member you can vote online for elections or ballots. Stay up to date with TICA Elections HERE.
- There's more: You can renew your membership. You can access all of the details on your cats. You can claim the titles which your cats qualify for and print the title certificates yourself. You can read the TICA TREND online.
Current TICA Elections:
- Sponsorships are still available! The deadline to sponsor one of the Top International Winners is quickly approaching, August 1, 2014.
- Duplicate Awards: If you are wanting a duplicate set of International Awards, please contact Becky Sandoval at the Executive office: firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for ordering duplicates is August 1.
- Voting is currently open for Judge of the Year. Have you cast your vote for your favorite Judge? More details here.
- The Maine Coon Breed has a poll out right now. Are you an eligible voting member of the Maine Coon Breed Group? Don't miss your chance to vote! Voting will close on July 31, 2014 at 5:00 PM (CST). More details here.
back to top
Money from Club Sponsorship for your show?
In todays eNewsLetter are the shows selected for Sponsorship in 2014 (two in January 2015) with a total distribution of $46,250. funded directly to the clubs through TICA Marketing and Business Development. Dr. Elsey Precious Cat sponsored 33 shows and Royal Canin sponsored 21 shows.
The requirements from the clubs in receiving sponsorship funds are very simple and will be completely outlined in the award notification email to the clubs. A vending 10' preferred placement vending space, an ad in the show catalog and logo on cover, sponsor logo in one Ring showing sponsorship, and sponsor logo on clubs website.
Complete our Club Survey Questionnaire form which clubs can complete and return to Roeann (RFulkerson@cfl.rr.com) for our sponsors to evaluate in their selections for sponsorship in 2015. The Survey is very simple, please do not labor over completion. Just take ten minutes to complete and forward back for listing request for sponsorship.
back to top