s TICA Newsletter

Happy New Year everyone!


It's hard to believe another year has come and gone. 2011 was definitely a year to remember in the global cat fancy, and for TICA.

We lost many of our friends in the cat fancy who were exhibitors, breeders or judges. We also lost several felines who had set the stage for other cats of their breeds to become champions and regional or international winners. Their memories will remain with us forever!

TICA expanded its presence into communities around the world with new clubs being formed and TICA clubs hosting the first - ever cat show in some countries! We heard from cat lovers from India, Pakistan and Arabia who shared their admiration for felines, and expressed interest in being a part of the cat fancy and TICA! Oh, and I can't forget the dog lovers who had the chance to meet felines who so well represent TICA. People from New York City and the tristate area had heard of the Bengal, but never had the chance to meet one in person! Well they did at Meet the Breeds, and the Bengal booth was the "hit" of the event!

We can't forget the members who care about the breeds that they work with and show, and who ran for seats on their breed committees: you help ensure the health and existence of your breeds. Congratulations to everyone who was elected as breed committee chairs or seats on your committees.

Now we're in the "home stretch" for the rest of the 2011 - 2012 show season. I applaud all of those cats and their breeders and/or owners who have worked so hard to get your cats out to the shows held almost every weekend in cities worldwide, and want to say "thank you" because without you, TICA would not be who we are today.

I hope that 2012 is filled with fun...friendships...and fabulous felines!

Until next month,

Vickie Fisher

TICA President

back to top Back to top

Your Votes Were Heard!

Votes were tallied and the election results were announced prior to the holidays last year. Reelected for a new three - year term on TICA's Board were:

Vickie Fisher Bobbie Tullo
Image Image
President Vice President

Breed committee's also held elections for breed chairs and seats. To view a full list of members elected for the different breed committees, click here.

Three Amendments to the TICA bylaws passed with a majority vote of "yes". To view a full report with detailed counts and information regarding the Amendments, click here.

Congratulations to everyone who was reelected or newly elected to positions for TICA's Board or breed committees. And thank you to all of our qualified members who voted during the 2011 elections!

back to top Back to top

Members Cast Votes Online in Record Time


For the first time in TICA's history, qualified members were able to cast their votes for Board positions, breed committee chairs and seats, and proposed Amendments to the TICA Bylaws online! The amount of time to receive the votes and compile the results was cut in half!

The new voting system managed by Votenet Solutions, not only allowed qualified members to vote quickly and easily, but helped save them money by not having to pay postage to mail in a ballot. It also helped TICA save postage by sending out 38 percent of the ballots to qualified members electronically. The other 62 percent of the ballots were mailed to qualified members

All qualified members who received ballots had the option to send in their ballot by snail mail, or go online to use the new system. With more than 1000 ballots being cast, most qualified members opted to cast their ballots online (68 percent) with the remainder of the members (32 percent) mailing in their ballots.

To read the full report on the results with detailed counts, click here.

back to top Back to top

Affordable Way to Promote Your Business or Cattery


Spring is around the corner, and that could mean having kittens or retired show cats that you need to place in loving homes! Or if you're a business owner, it's time to sell those trees, treats and more to the new owners!

TICA is offering its low - cost "2012 Catvertising" plan that will help you get your cattery or business in front of cat lovers and owners around the world! The plan provides opportunities for its two web sites - tica.org and TICAU.com - and its enewsletter which is distributed to over 8000 cat owners!

Click here to see the rates.

If you're interested in advertising, please contact Marketing. For questions, or if you need to pay for an advertisement contact Accounting (956-428-8046). To find your country calling code to reach the US click here.

back to top Back to top

Would You Like to Mentor A New Exhibitor or Breeder?


Do you remember your first cat show, and probably not knowing what to do? Or looking for your first show cat, and wanting to learn more about the breed?

TICA's future relies on attracting new exhibitors and breeds of cats depend on new breeders entering the breeding programs; but to ensure they are successful, they need mentors!

TICA formed the Mentor Program to promote TICA through qualified exhibitor and breeder mentors, and to help guide a new exhibitor or breeder in successfully showing and/or breeding their cats.

If you are looking for a mentor, apply to be paired with an Exhibitor Mentor. Or if you're an exhibitor and/or breeder, please consider and apply to be an exhibitor mentor.

back to top Back to top

Show Your TICA Pride!


Show your TICA pride and order a fleece hooded jacket with the TICA logo!

To learn more about items available and how to order visit www.facebook.com/fatpet

The more you order, the more items with TICA logos that will be made available.

Check the Fatpet Facebook page to see what shows items may be available for sale, and as new items go on sale!

back to top Back to top

Meet the...Toyger


Its tawny coat with bold black stripes makes you stop and say "is that a miniature Tiger?!" Well, yes, and no. It looks like a Tiger, but it's a domestic cat: it's the Toyger.

In the late 1980's Judy Sugden noticed a different pattern in one of her Bengals, and well, as they say, the rest is history. Later two cats became the cornerstone for the Toyger - a striped domestic shorthair named Scrapmetal and a big - boned Bengal named Millwood Rumpled Spotskin.

In 1993, Judy also imported Jammu Blu, a street cat from Kashmir, India, who had all spots between his ears rather than the regular tabby lines.

Recognized first by TICA, today the Toyger competes for Championship titles and Regional and International awards in TICA. The Toyger may look like its ferocious relative, but it's a loving breed who wants to be with people.

To read more, click here.

back to top Back to top

Ahchoo! My Cat is Allergic to Food!!


Food allergies are the third common cause of allergic responses in about 10% of cats. Cats that have food allergies typically are allergic to:

  • Beef
  • Lamb
  • Seafood
  • Dairy products
  • Soy
  • Wheat gluten

If your cat shows any of the following symptoms, your veterinarian will probably consider and test for allergies:

  • Itchiness
  • Excessive scratching caused by itchiness
  • Excessive licking, the cat will lick the itchy portions of skin to relieve itchiness
  • Red skin, caused by scratching
  • Hair loss; the cat scratches off his fur
  • Dermatitis

back to top Back to top

Start the New Year Off With a Laugh

Want to "howl" in the New Year? Take a few minutes to view this site! It's a "golden moment":


back to top Back to top

  Facebook Twitter Yahoo Groups YouTube TICAU Wikipedia HR

In This Issue


Feedback Comments

Sat 12/24/2011 7:36 AM

Thank you!!! Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2012! Licinia

Sat 12/17/2011 6:36 AM

GREETING FROM URUGUAY!!!! prrr...prrr.... :)

Send your helpful comments to: comments@tica.org
HR History History History History
1987 Members of All Japan Cat Club
History History
1989 First TICA Show in Buenos Aires
History History
1991 Kitten of the Year
History History
1992 Best HHP of the Year
History History
1997 First TICA Show in Russia
Submit your historical photo's to HISTORY@tica.org
HR unsubscribe

To subscribe, unsubscribe or update your records, CLICK HERE.